city of balto suspended me without pay no charges no proof ,is this legal

    found to not be involved in alledged dice game at dept of transportation by police h.r.still has me suspen without pay they say i was charged i was not they say wait until court date with others who were carged but i was not charged i cant prove my innocence

    0  Views: 547 Answers: 3 Posted: 9 years ago

    3 Answers

    they can suspend you with or without pay until all is resolved. if they suspend you then you have the right to request a hearing to show just cause for the suspension. if they cant show probable cause then in the end they must pay your lost wages and benefits.
    If you were in a union, then it probably isn't legal and your union bosses should be able to help. If not, then you need advice from an employment attorney.
    the city is a government they can do anything they want or they can change the law any way they want

    Top contributors in Politics & Government category

    Answers: 117 / Questions: 5
    Karma: 6090
    Answers: 10 / Questions: 1
    Karma: 5715
    Answers: 65 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 5115
    Answers: 41 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 4635
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions