my house has settled and caused some cracking in the brick... should i trust a foundation repair company to tell me what is necessary or hire a structural engineer? If it is not active should i lift it or just leave it alone

    0  Views: 437 Answers: 2 Posted: 8 years ago

    how old is the house ?

    2 Answers

    id save the money on a structural engineer ,cut out the middle man. their just going to tell you to get a concrete guy(foundation company). seems to me most houses settle regardless of there design. you do however need to fix the crack, depending on how thick it is, if its a hairline crack, i would do nothing, but keep a close eye on it. if its an eight of an inch or bigger time will only worsen it. it needs to be sealed preferbly from the outside to keep moisture,rain... from making it worse, esepecialy if you live in an area were it gets below freezing, that will cause all the more damage. unless your handy at stuff like this yourself, i would go through the yellow pages and get as many estimates as possible and negociate from there

    how old is the house ?

    Top contributors in Uncategorized category

    Answers: 18345 / Questions: 153
    Karma: 1100K
    Answers: 47437 / Questions: 115
    Karma: 953K
    country bumpkin
    Answers: 11279 / Questions: 158
    Karma: 827K
    Answers: 2280 / Questions: 29
    Karma: 752K
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions