do I have to file if I am a dependent of my parents and I made $3200.00?

    +1  Views: 1118 Answers: 4 Posted: 11 years ago

    4 Answers

    No, you could earn as much as $5800.00 without filing. This information can be found on page 7 of form 1040EZ. If you had any withholding during the year, you must file to obtain a refund.

    I would file only because there could be some refund for me....even if it's $50.  It only takes 15 minutes of your time to do it.  Think of me when you're having your steak dinner with your tax refunds.

    Donot really know, but be nice to get the parents some thing.

    You do not have to file if you are a dependent and made $5,800 or less.  If you are NOT a dependent, you can earn up to $9,500 ($5,800 standard deduction + $3,700 exemption).  The only good reason to file if you do not have to is to recover the withholding taxes that you have paid. 
    If you are between the ages of 25-65, you can probably get EIC (Earned Income Credits). This is based on your EARNED income, children (0-3), as well as your age.
    As you have been told, it doesn't take long to file; you can use one of the on-line e-filing systems. To check for your refund status, go to   "Where's My Refund?" -- "Where's My Refund?".  You need your social security number, filing status, and the amount of the refund due.

    Top contributors in Other - Taxes category

    country bumpkin
    Answers: 6 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 270
    Answers: 21 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 255
    Answers: 7 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 255
    Answers: 4 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 120
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions

    Tải MU9
    Answers: 0 Views: 3 Rating: 0
    Answers: 0 Views: 5 Rating: 0
    Answers: 0 Views: 3 Rating: 0
    > More questions...