windows sills and dpc

    what is the dpc for below a window sill? and if it is ripped how do you fix it

    0  Views: 723 Answers: 4 Posted: 7 years ago
    Tags: dg

    4 Answers

    D.P.C stands for Damp Proof Course, this is a strip of waterproof material which may be plastic or tar impregnated roofing felt that is placed,in this case, below the window frame in order to prevent moisture from contacting,and therefore rotting ,the timber of the window frame.
    If it is damaged use a suitable tool to chop out the old mortar that is below the frame an remove it,then place a new section in it's place,jam the new piece up to the bottom of the frame using something waterproof (in the trade we usually use pieces of slate ) and then replace the mortar that you originally removed with new.

    what is a dpc.

    the dpc is damage under the sill but i cant remove it

    damp proof coat

    Top contributors in Uncategorized category

    Answers: 18386 / Questions: 154
    Karma: 1097K
    Answers: 47518 / Questions: 115
    Karma: 953K
    country bumpkin
    Answers: 11071 / Questions: 158
    Karma: 809K
    Answers: 9966 / Questions: 1128
    Karma: 743K
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions