PNC Financial Services traces its history to the Pittsburgh Trust and Savings Company which was founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1852. In 1858, the company located its corporate offices at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Wood Street in Pittsburgh where they remain to this day. The bank changed its name to First National Bank of Pittsburgh in 1863, after it became the first bank to receive a national charter as part of that year's National Banking Act.
By 1959, after a series of mergers, the bank had evolved into the Pittsburgh National Corporation.
|3 years ago. Rating: 1|