What does the term jackabite mean? I believe its an english or scottish word. I heard the term in a movie "Rob Roy" set backin the1600's

    0  Views: 3770 Answers: 1 Posted: 5 years ago

    1 Answer

    The Jacobite Risings were a series of uprisings, rebellions, and wars in Great Britain and Ireland occurring between 1688 and 1746. The uprisings were aimed at returning James VII of Scotland and II of England, and later his descendants of the House of Stuart, to the throne after he was deposed by Parliament during the Glorious Revolution. The series of conflicts takes its name from Jacobus, the Latin form of James. To be called a Jacobite was an insult in noble society, kind of like being a Rebel Rouser.

    Top contributors in Uncategorized category

    Answers: 18058 / Questions: 148
    Karma: 1061K
    Answers: 47676 / Questions: 115
    Karma: 953K
    country bumpkin
    Answers: 10136 / Questions: 153
    Karma: 740K
    Answers: 9501 / Questions: 877
    Karma: 679K
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions

    What is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
    Answers: 0 Views: 5 Rating: 0
    What Is Chemical Dependency Counseling?
    Answers: 0 Views: 6 Rating: 0
    What Is Chemical Dependency Counseling?
    Answers: 0 Views: 5 Rating: 0
    Anybody know of a natural cure for gingivitis?
    Answers: 0 Views: 10 Rating: 0
    how do I find out the host for a web site?
    Answers: 0 Views: 431 Rating: 0
    > More questions...