Rather than "renouncing" a citizenship, is it possible to "denounce" a citizenship especially with regards to a naturalized American citizen?

    We all know the correct word is "renounce", is it technically possible for a naturalized U.S. citizen to "denounce" (to give a formal notice termination of an oath or agreement)?

    0  Views: 615 Answers: 2 Posted: 7 years ago

    2 Answers

    I understand that Leeroy's comment regarding denouncing meaning trash talking about something, like a country such as the one you live in. My question is, based on the definition of "denouncing" (to give a formal notice of termination of an agreement or an oath), can a naturalized U.S. citizen denounce his citizenship to terminate his oath to become one in the first place?
    How can you denounce your usa citizenship? - Yahoo! Answers
    Best Answer: Stand up somewhere and say, "I really wish I weren't a US citizen. It's a bad, bad thing!" Now, if you want to REnounce your citizenship instead of ... - Cached
    How do I go about renouncing my U.S. citizenship?
    As you may suspect, this is a prelude to the claim that (3) you can renounce your U.S. citizenship, stay in the U.S., and legally avoid federal income tax. - Cached
    Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship
    United States of America , 1994 U.S. App. LEXIS 16299 ... way in which a person can manifest an intention to relinquish U.S. citizenship. ... If you ... - Cached

    Top contributors in Uncategorized category

    Answers: 18392 / Questions: 154
    Karma: 1098K
    Answers: 47514 / Questions: 115
    Karma: 953K
    country bumpkin
    Answers: 11122 / Questions: 159
    Karma: 814K
    Answers: 10007 / Questions: 1133
    Karma: 747K
    > Top contributors chart