private party sold a vehicle to another private party with payment owed to the seller.If i take my vehicle back are there any legal ramifications and do I have the legal right

    0  Views: 286 Answers: 1 Posted: 12 years ago

    1 Answer

    Lets see if I am reading this properly:

    You sold a car to party A and owes you money on it..

    Party A sells to party C

    Then if this is the case, if you have a bill of sale and kept account of their payments to you and it is signed by them then yes, you have recourse through small claims court (USA)

    What party A should do is pay you the balance owed from the sale to party C.

    Hopefully you have all this in writing or else you don't have anything to go on..

    I would like to know why you gave him the title if its not paid for? But then I understand all the DMV manure too..

    Top contributors in Cars & Transportation category

    Answers: 831 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 12830
    Answers: 248 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 10620
    Deleted User
    Answers: 172 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 4500
    Answers: 94 / Questions: 0
    Karma: 2370
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions