close
    in what country are long tractors made

    0  Views: 766 Answers: 1 Posted: 3 years ago
    Tags: tractors

    1 Answer

    Long Agribusiness, LLC, or LongAgri, was founded in 1941 in Tarboro, North Carolina, USA by William "Bill" R. Long. It built only a few tractors itself before it started importing BMC and BMC Nuffield tractors under the Long brand. It later imported tractors manufactured in Italy by Massey Ferguson/Landini, as well as Romanian-built Universal (UTB) tractors (beginning in 1971). The Universal UTB's provided the bulk of their line-up. IN 1997, they began importing Farmtracs from India, and in 1999, LongAgri began importing tractors from LG Tractors in South Korea under the LandTrac brand. They also manufactured and/or imported implements, combine harvesters and grain bins.


    LongAgri had purchased a portion of Universal (UTB). By the 1980s, the company was struggling. Alvarez & Marcell, Inc took over the company to turn it around. In 1998, Escorts Group of India purchased 49% of the company and began importing Farmtrac tractors under the LongAgri banner. In 2002, Escorts made the agreement to purchased the remaining 51% of the company. It was eventually renamed Farmtrac N.A.. The LandTrac line merged in under the Farmtrac banner, but the LongTrac Universal (UTB) line remained. Farmtrac N.A. went bankrupt in 2008, and the inventory was purchased by Montana Tractors.

    polishperson

    In other words, U.S.A?
    ROMOS

    Sold in the USA, seems their "made" in lots of places.


    Top contributors in Uncategorized category

     
    ROMOS
    Answers: 17999 / Questions: 146
    Karma: 1056K
     
    Colleen
    Answers: 47687 / Questions: 115
    Karma: 953K
     
    country bumpkin
    Answers: 10095 / Questions: 169
    Karma: 736K
     
    jhharlan
    Answers: 9482 / Questions: 848
    Karma: 675K
    > Top contributors chart

    Unanswered Questions

    when do i use prepositions with and by?
    Answers: 0 Views: 273 Rating: 0
    how many feet is 14.857m ?
    Answers: 0 Views: 111 Rating: 0
    who own united state postal service?
    Answers: 0 Views: 254 Rating: 0
    what does the biblical flower galgal look like?
    Answers: 0 Views: 239 Rating: 0
    What is PSLID
    Answers: 0 Views: 402 Rating: 0
    what does it mean when a fatty cyst calcifies
    Answers: 0 Views: 147 Rating: 0
    Are The Cabbage Patch ANGELS still available?
    Answers: 0 Views: 127 Rating: 0
    how much is 4.2 kiligrams in ounces?
    Answers: 0 Views: 128 Rating: 0
    > More questions...
    438572
    questions
    696610
    answers
    472006
    users